Mission, Vision & Goals
Mission: Provide the college community access to the information, ideas, services and environments needed to strengthen teaching and learning.
Vision: Douglas Library will serve the holistic needs of the 21st century learner by providing individual and collaborative learning environments, innovative academic support services, and information technology in support of student success.
The following departmental goals have been developed to align with the Clinton Community College Strategic Goals:
- Improve access to library resources to on- and off-campus users
- Support IAM programming
- Enhance physical spaces to accommodate student needs
- Support college's recruitment efforts
- Provide up-to-date resources that embrace diversity
- Contribute library-related data to college reporting on institutional effectiveness
- Provide upgraded technology to meet students' needs
- Increase awareness of First Amendment rights
- Support scholarship and learning activities on campus
- Create research tools for students, faculty & staff
The LeRoy M. Douglas Sr. Library is located on the second floor of the Moore Building, overlooking historic Lake Champlain. The Douglas Library houses approximately 16,000 volumes and maintains a small collection of print magazines, journals and newspapers, as well as thousands of books and periodicals online. The library is fully automated with 29 computer stations with printing capabilities, a library classroom for instruction, and group and quiet study spaces. Reference services are available in-person, by phone, email, and online chat. The library maintains an outstanding collection of educational and entertainment DVDs, and offers media viewing services.
General Contact Information:
LeRoy M. Douglas Sr. Library
Clinton Community College
136 Clinton Point Dr.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-5690
Interlibrary Loan: 518-562-4249
Reference Services: 518-562-4240